Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just got Apple TV. will not recognize my Apple ID. using my Ipad to connect.Verified the Apple ID and password are correct

Just got Apple TV. will not recognize my Apple ID. using my Ipad to connect.Verified the Apple ID and password are correct

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 12:15 PM

1 reply

Aug 9, 2015 12:16 PM in response to wesintexas

In UK there seems to be some issues with BT -> i have just purchased an apple tv and cant get past the set date and time page,please help!

If you have an iPhone, there is a workaround.

1. Setup Personal Hotspot on your iPhone: Share your Internet connection with Personal Hotspot - Apple Support

(If you don't have an iPhone, check if your phone allows to Share Internet with other devices, if yes, then look in your phone manual how to turn on this option)

2. Reset All Settings on your Apple TV: How to restart your Apple TV - Apple Support

3. Instead of connecting your Apple TV to your home WiFi, try this time to temporarily connect an Apple TV to Personal Hotspot connection created from your iPhone.

4. Finish setup of your Apple TV.

5. Reconnect your Apple TV to your home Wifi: Get help with Wi-Fi networks and Apple TV - Apple Support

If that setup worked, call your ISP and asked them to unlock for you ports listed in this article:

If your Apple TV stops at the date and time screen during startup - Apple Support

TCP and UDP ports and protocols used by Apple TV - Apple Support

Or you can just get in touch with Apple as with new products you have 90 days of complimentary Phone Support: https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.