Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add the app store app to my ipad? It isnt there!

I'd like to add an app to my ipad mini. Should be a piece of #### but I cant find apps in the itunes store (where I thought they were) and I've managed to find that I should be looking in the "app store" but I dont have an "app store" app! How can I add it? (Please dont tell me to download it from the app store 🙂) Anyone any ideas. I've just upgraded to 8.4, if that makes a difference...

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 1:27 PM

The App Store app is a built in app so you can't download it from the App Store anyway. None of the built in, pre installed apps can be downloaded or deleted either. If you are really asking about the App Store app, it has to be on your iPad somewhere.

Sometimes people restrict the downloading of apps and that will make it disappear so check Settings>General>Restrictions>Installing Apps>Off. See if it was disabled. You can also go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset home screen layout and that will return the app to the home screen but it will also destroy any folder structure that you may have set up on the iPad home screen.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2015 1:27 PM in response to MiiDaddy

The App Store app is a built in app so you can't download it from the App Store anyway. None of the built in, pre installed apps can be downloaded or deleted either. If you are really asking about the App Store app, it has to be on your iPad somewhere.

Sometimes people restrict the downloading of apps and that will make it disappear so check Settings>General>Restrictions>Installing Apps>Off. See if it was disabled. You can also go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset home screen layout and that will return the app to the home screen but it will also destroy any folder structure that you may have set up on the iPad home screen.

How can I add the app store app to my ipad? It isnt there!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.