Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto: How do I select and move multiple photos into an album?

I imported my photos from my iphone onto my Macbook Pro iPhoto software. They are in the Library in the "Photo" section and I would like to move them into an album. I tried to flag the photos I wanted in order to move them to an album/folder that I just made. That did not work. How do I move multiple photos into an album?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 3:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 3:48 PM

Press and hold the Shift key and click on photos to select consecutive photos, press and hold the Shift + Command to click on nonconsecutive photos. Once selected, click on File>New Album and it will automatically create a new album with your selected photos. To name the album, click on the "untitled album" title at the top of the album, and then name it.

Once the album is created, you can select other photos the same way and drag them to the album you have created.

Cheers,

GB

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2015 3:48 PM in response to osh.posh13

Press and hold the Shift key and click on photos to select consecutive photos, press and hold the Shift + Command to click on nonconsecutive photos. Once selected, click on File>New Album and it will automatically create a new album with your selected photos. To name the album, click on the "untitled album" title at the top of the album, and then name it.

Once the album is created, you can select other photos the same way and drag them to the album you have created.

Cheers,

GB

Aug 9, 2015 3:56 PM in response to osh.posh13

Some basic tips that work throughout the OS:

Click to select

Command-Click to add to the selection for non-contiguous items

For contiguous items: Click on the first then hold the shift key and click on the last. All the items between will be selected

Draw a box around the items with a mouse, while the most key is depressed

Once selected these can be dragged to the album on the sidebar, or, as Gail points out, can be used to make a new Album containing them.

If you want to use flagging then

flag the photos you want

Click on the Flagged Photos Smart Album

Go command-a to select all of the flagged images and then just drag them to the sidebar, and it will create an ew album containing them.

iPhoto: How do I select and move multiple photos into an album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.