Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove McAfee icon from menu bar without uninstalling?

Sorry if this has been addressed before, but I can't seem to find it. I recently got a new Macbook Pro from my school and I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to how things are organized on my computer haha. There is a McAfee icon on the menu bar and I can't seem to get it to go away. I've looked for a solution but all the questions I saw were about if you had uninstalled McAfee. I don't want to uninstall the program, as the school requires the computers to have it. So I was just wondering if there was anyway to just get the icon to not appear in the menu bar?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.3)

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 7:12 PM

3 replies

Mar 5, 2017 1:40 AM in response to Jalad

Nobody here is eager to propose to uninstall AntiVirus apps, because the OP is not willing to do that.

Sometimes there is a setting in the app.

Normally (I don't know if this also works in this case) you remove an icon from the menubar by doing this: Quit the app, then while holding the CMD key drag the icon off the menubar hold it for half a second then let go and it it pufff away.

It may come back after starting the app.

How to remove McAfee icon from menu bar without uninstalling?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.