Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Embedded Tweets Not Displaying

Hi All,

I decided to give Safari another go a few weeks ago since Chrome has been such a memory hog. So far, so good, but the big problem I'm running into is that Safari will not display tweets that are embedded within articles. It won't even hint that they are there with any kind of unformatted text or broken images... the spots are just blank. A good example is this article from Deadspin: http://deadspin.com/wrigley-field-evacuated-due-to-reported-bomb-threat-up-17230 21799

In Chrome, all the tweets updating the situation are shown, but in Safari, there is nothing there. I've made sure my Java is up to date, and Googled the problem a number of times, but no one seems to have a fix or have run into this. Also, I have paused my AdBlock on that site to make sure that isn't the problem, but they still do not show up.

Thanks all for any help!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 6:07 AM

Might be a cookies, cache, extensions, or plug-ins issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, from the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2015 6:07 AM in response to redsoxshamrocks

Might be a cookies, cache, extensions, or plug-ins issue.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Privacy tab.

Click: Remove All Website Data

Then delete the cache.

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.Safari/Cache.db

Click Go then move the Cache.db file to the Trash.

Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that didn't help, from the Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Extensions tab. Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

If it's not an extensions issue, try troubleshooting third party plug-ins.

Back to Safari > Preferences. This time select the Security tab. Deselect: Allow plug-ins. Quit and relaunch Safari to test.

If that made a difference, instructions for troubleshooting plugins here.

Embedded Tweets Not Displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.