Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I know a lot people have been having message problems lately. My messages (that are linked to my phone number so its basically my iphone texts on my computer) on my Mac just started screwing up. It showed as offline so I shut down the computer and restarted and now the messages logged me out. Every time I try to log back in, it says: this account is blocked from registering

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 11:47 AM

Hi,

That is a new one on me.

Could I see a pic of the alert message ?

In the mean time contact Apple Support and explain you have an Apple ID problem.

This will be free to fix but you may need to speak to a Level 2 person to do so.

The Blocking, if that what it is will happen at server level and is not something your App would do.

Neither is it something the OS would do.

It is something Apple have done (even if it is only at the iMessages servers), or caused to have done - most likely to "protect you.

User uploaded file

7:47 p.m. Monday; August 10, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 10, 2015 11:47 AM in response to bakhtawarus

Hi,

That is a new one on me.

Could I see a pic of the alert message ?

In the mean time contact Apple Support and explain you have an Apple ID problem.

This will be free to fix but you may need to speak to a Level 2 person to do so.

The Blocking, if that what it is will happen at server level and is not something your App would do.

Neither is it something the OS would do.

It is something Apple have done (even if it is only at the iMessages servers), or caused to have done - most likely to "protect you.

User uploaded file

7:47 p.m. Monday; August 10, 2015

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Aug 10, 2015 12:36 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

I solved that issue finally but now I have another problem. iMessage on my computer won't let me send images anymore to my own phone number (or ANY of my contacts in fact.) I used this method to send photos from my computer to myself so I could have them on my phone. I have had my Mac for two years and I have been doing this but now it won't let me. What is the problem?

Aug 10, 2015 12:40 PM in response to bakhtawarus

Umm,

You like the new ones don't you 😉

AS there have been issues with the Apple ID I would reset the iPhone on this part.

Sign Out of the Apple ID (in Send and Receive on the iPhone > Settings > Messages) and then sign back in again.

This should cause the pop up to reappear on the Mac to say what the iPhone is using and re connect the sync link.

User uploaded file

8:40 p.m. Monday; August 10, 2015

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.