Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

windows 10 calendar icloud

Hi All,

recently installed windows 10 and have the following issue:

1. i can add my icloud settings in the default mail and calendar app

2. when syncing i get the error: system error can't get calendars

No matter what i try i keep getting this error.

when trying to copy past the caldev server link in my web browser it gives me the option to sign in i can do that but then i get the error permission denied

i also have my local outlook account connected to the windows login.

Any ideas for the calendar app error?

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 12:05 AM

10 replies

Aug 17, 2015 7:27 PM in response to NjayNL

I was having the same problem, trying to get my iCloud calendar and contacts to show up in the default calendar and people apps in Windows 10. Do you have 2 step verification enabled for your Apple ID? If you do, go to icloud.com and go to manage your Apple ID. Then go to password and security and choose generate an app specific password. Copy the generated password to the clipboard and go back to the calendar. In the calendar app, hit the settings button, then accounts. Choose the iCloud account and paste the app specific password into the password field. When I did this, all my iCloud stuff showed up. Hope this works for you.

Aug 18, 2015 7:53 AM in response to NjayNL

You don't need to enable 2 step verification. For me, I already had it enabled and it was preventing me from seeing by iCloud account in the Mail/Calendar/People Apps until I utilized the App Specific Password.

Based on your last response, it sounds like our problems aren't the same. For me, my calendar "lives" on iCloud, and I bring it into the Windows 10 Mail/Calendar/People Apps. It sounds like you want to go the other direction, and to two different iCloud accounts. That seems feasible, but I'm really not sure how to do it without some investigation. Something you might try is syncing to one iCloud account and then sharing that calendar out to the other iCloud account using the options available in iCloud. Or better yet, try syncing to a Family iCloud Calendar via the options in iCloud.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Sparky

Nov 5, 2016 5:14 AM in response to sparky1976

Sparky1976, you are brilliant! I've just spent a whole evening trying to sort this rotten problem out. I even phoned Apple. They tried for a little while then told me it was a Microsoft problem. I've just stumbled on your answer, and it has fixed the problem. Who'd have thought that I needed a one-off password? Many thanks.

windows 10 calendar icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.