Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Capture Scratch cannot be changed

Hi Guys,

wondering if anyone else had come across this problem with Final Cut 7 on a mid 2012 macbook pro. Up untill now i have been able to set my capture scratch with no problems but recently whenever i try to set the capture scratch either from starting up FCP or from the system settings menu, the dialogue box that appears normally when you click on set appears for a second or two then dissapears? Each time i press set the same thing happens - appears for a second then dissapears meaning my capture scratch is saving to whatever place it was last saved i.e desktop etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks🙂

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 4:27 AM

1 reply

Aug 10, 2015 10:19 AM in response to PGooz

When Final Cut Pro 7 begins to act in unexpected ways, the usual first step is to trash your preferences:

Final Cut Pro 7: Troubleshooting Basics - Apple Support

You can download Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion (free) to do all the work for you:

http://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

Your preference will be all reset to default settings the next time you launch FCP.

You might also want to use Disk Utility to repair the disk permissions on your disk.

MtD

Capture Scratch cannot be changed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.