Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any problems configuring Airport Express as bridge to Verizon FIOS Actiontec router?

I installed five Apple refurbished Airport Express devices to create a WIFI network in an average size church. The units are configured as bridges within the "Create a new network" category. Static IP addresses. The devices bridge to a Verion FIOS Actiontec router. The FIOS router's WIFI capability has been disabled. All indicators suggest that everything works. I perfromed a walk through using my iPad. Connectivity was continuous and download/upload speeds were at the top of the range. All the devices run to the FIOS router through a five port fast ethernet switch. Three of the devices use dedicated Cat 5/6 cables. Two of the devices share a cable. That is they are connected serially via the two ethernet ports available. Airport Utility shows all green lights. So, any suggestions as to what type of problems could come up and bite me?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3), OSX Lion

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 5:21 AM

3 replies

Jun 6, 2017 6:46 AM in response to pghbuford

Verizon required a router upgrade. So with the installation of the new router I decided to reduce the number of Apple Airport Express units to four (4) and use the WIFI capability of the new router. Everything continues to work without incident. Since my initial post I have upgraded the switch to a Netgear 16 port Gigabit device.

Any problems configuring Airport Express as bridge to Verizon FIOS Actiontec router?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.