Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finally got automator and calendar to work.

I have had a lot of trouble getting my automator app's to trigger using calendar and I think i got it.

1. Make sure you start a new calendar on your mac NOT iCloud.

2. Open automator and create a working workflow.

3. Save workflow as a App.

4. Open system pref and select security. Under privacy allow new app to access or control your computer.

5. Go to calendar and create a new event in the new calendar you created on your mac. (There may be a calendar called automator already this is fine)

6. Under the edit event menu select alarm-custom-open file- select app you saved in automator-select at time of event.

FYI you can repeat this action if it something you want to repeat daily hourly ect

If your workflow won't run in automator it will not run in calendar.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 9:23 AM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2015 8:36 AM in response to epitome866

I was able to accomplish this as well, but I'm having a devil of a time getting the workflow to repeat after the first event.

The calendar repeats the event, but does not trigger the workflow app.

For example, I want a workflow to be triggered on the 1st of every month.

I go to the workflow in Automator and schedule it for September 1st, which adds a calendar entry in the "Automator" Calendar on my Mac.

I then edit the Calendar entry to repeat every month, and I see it add the event to the 1st of every month thereafter.

On September 1st the Workflow executes beautifully but then October 1st rolls around and nothing happens.

Its driving me mad.

Finally got automator and calendar to work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.