Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download material

I recently joined an iTunes U course and can access all the materials, and links to websites work fine. However, when I try and view a document or presentation, it says 'unanle to download' repeatedly. This is not an issue with wifi, everything is fine on general connectivity.

If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated as I have assignments to do.

Thanks in advance.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 9:31 AM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2015 2:57 PM in response to B14139

I'm having this problem on my school network but not on an iPhone using the cell network. So it seems like it's got to have something to do with my firewall or web filter. If anyone has suggestions as to services to allow or ports to open up I'd be grateful to hear. Or possibly bypassing https filtering for the iTunes U domain (or even *.apple.com).

Thanks,

Steve

Aug 11, 2015 8:14 AM in response to patixa

I'm not sure what you mean by filtering - I'm using the iOS app on my School iPad, and have never had this issue downloading things on other courses. Unfortunately the course is private, but I was just curious if this is a known issue, and how I can otherwise access these materials. Thanks for your reply though, much appreciated!

Aug 11, 2015 2:53 PM in response to patixa

I figured out that the problem had to do with our Sophos (formerly Astaro) filter. It has two modes, "Transparent" and "Standard," and under the former the teacher in iTunes U could not download file the student had handed in. It's a bit of a mystery that i will pursue further because Standard Mode is supposed to require client-side proxy configuration, which I had not done.

In any case, my issue seems to have been specific to my web filter (on a Sophos UTM 425 appliance).

Steve

Can't download material

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.