Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio balance snap

Hello there,

I Have a little hearing problem, my right ear a little hard to receive sound, its not very fatal, but when you have a song to listen and you have a sensitive hearing skill its so annoying because the balance of the audio is like a half between your nose and your right eyebrow. I know how to set the audio balance in iphone by using setting. But the problem is when I slide it to the right (or left) it always snapping to the center. Lets say my hearing center is 52.5%, but when i slide to 52.5% it always snap to 50%. 😐 Anyone know to solve this? Except for replacing my ear of course -____-"

any suggestion? App that could help to solve this by entering some digit numbers to slide the balance or somekind accurate for it...?

*hope in the next ios update, apple put an on/off button below the balance setting says "allow snap"

thx

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2017 12:21 PM

The solution is pretty easy, though I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Move the slider to where you want it to be (I use a stylus so that I can better see where the button is) and before letting go just hit the home button to get out of Settings. Now when you go back magically the slider is where you left it and won't bounce back to the middle unless you try to move it again.

I've had this issue for years! My right ear is just a tad better than my left and I could never get the sound balanced. This is an unfortunate oversight by Apple and I would love to see a fix in the next iOS.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2017 12:21 PM in response to Sman217

The solution is pretty easy, though I haven't seen it posted anywhere. Move the slider to where you want it to be (I use a stylus so that I can better see where the button is) and before letting go just hit the home button to get out of Settings. Now when you go back magically the slider is where you left it and won't bounce back to the middle unless you try to move it again.

I've had this issue for years! My right ear is just a tad better than my left and I could never get the sound balanced. This is an unfortunate oversight by Apple and I would love to see a fix in the next iOS.

Aug 12, 2015 9:09 PM in response to AJ397

WOW! I just know the function of the voice over *lol but its hard to swipe it up or down to set the balance, the voice over always reading below or above sentences...or it being a rapper like "left and right, left left left left..." 😝

By the way, thx AJ397 for giving suggestion. It helped, but I still can't adjust accurately to my hearing problem. I dont really know in how much percent my ear could balanced. but here's my setting in windows (no offense apple 😀)

User uploaded file

if i calculate it about 2% more than 50%, its 52% to 51% maybe, cos in 52% my right ear still heard more than left. (hope its not 51,45839%) *lol

i'd love that if you could send feedback to apple, cos one more problem is...do u realize that when the balance's not in the center, the audio quality's been reduced? 😐

Audio balance snap

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.