Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod won't sync now after installing Windows 10

Last week my Ipod nano worked great syncing my music. This week after installing Windows 10 ITunes doesn't recognize my Ipod. The music is there but won't sync.

iPod nano, Windows 8, Just installed Windows 10

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 4:45 PM

Watch this and follow its directions (it worked like a charm):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkG9NfKR1DA

16 replies

Aug 28, 2015 4:54 AM in response to jleal4388

This worked for my husband's iPod Touch, but not for my 6th generation Nano. What does one do when one already has the latest driver software and iTunes (on my laptop) acknowledges there's an iPod attached but that it cannot be identified? I've restarted the laptop. I've installed and reinstalled iTunes. I've used different cables. Nothing. Suggestions?

Oct 12, 2015 11:30 AM in response to garyfromsutherlin

Resetting the iPod by holding "Menu" and the centre of the wheel for 15sec while connected and then restoring the iPod from iTunes was a good first step. Then, dismounting & unplugging the iPod, shutting down iTunes and restarting the MacBook did the trick. Once OS X rebooted, I plugged-in the iPod and it mounted, and I'm able to sync my iPod from scratch (which is what I was after anyway).

If you're hoping to save the music you have on your iPod that you don't have in your iTunes, then backup before doing this.

I hope this works for you.
Best,
David

MacBook Pro (13-inch mid-2012) running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5
iPod Nano (2nd Gen 4GB) currently (after the above) running 1.1.3

Dec 14, 2015 2:57 PM in response to garyfromsutherlin

Hah! Thanks guys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkG9NfKR1DA is my video.

I've noticed however that Windows 10 appears to not support Nano's, Shuffles and original Classics. :-(

The drivers in Windows 8 are different in 10. I've been trying to fix that and the dreaded "Best Driver is already installed" issue but I can't cause any one of my devices to do that. Just waiting for someone who is willing to let me tinker with their computer remotely...

Chris

Jan 10, 2016 6:20 PM in response to garyfromsutherlin

Hi,

I am running an Asus RogG752 laptop with the latest windows 10 home update and latest itunes update. 2 weeks ago I was able to use and sync my 16gb 6th GEN Ipod Nano perfectly fine with itunes, but now I keep receiving an error message stating ,"An IPod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and reconnect the IPod, then try again. If the problem persists, uninstall ITunes then install ITunes again." I have uninstalled/reinstalled itunes, rebooted my pc, rebooted my ipod, tried different usb cables, tried using all my usb ports, restarted and updated apple mobile device drivers, searched and updated the portable device drivers, updated the universal usb serial drivers, disabling my security software, you name it I have done it. Please help, this is making me furious!

My ipod won't sync now after installing Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.