Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Macbook Pro is running between 60 - 80C. is this normal?

My Macbook Pro is running on a high temp. I don´t think it´s safe. My computer was REALLY hot so I downloaded a program called smcFanControl 2.5.2. It tells me the high temperature and it gives me the option to set the fan on "Higher RPM". MY computer then goes down to about 63C. I am not running any other programs than Spotify and Google Chrome with about 3 tabs open (Facebook, google, etc). I just changed my battery as well so I´m guessing they would have found something if there was anything wrong, or?

Should I be worried?

I am not using it under pillows etc. I read that bit already.

Another thing.. How do I know which update (IOS) I have, and where do I check for updates on the Mac?

thanks

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 1:08 PM

2 replies

Aug 10, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Lailsa

Runaway applications can shorten battery runtime, affect performance, and increase heat and fan acti…

Pre-Mavericks

Open Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder. Select All Processes from the Processes dropdown menu. Click twice on the CPU% column header to display in descending order. If you find a process using a large amount of CPU time (>=70,) then select the process and click on the Quit icon in the toolbar. Click on the Force Quit button to kill the process. See if that helps. Be sure to note the name of the runaway process so you can track down the cause of the problem.

Mavericks and later

Open Activity Monitor in the Utilities folder. Select All Processes from the View menu. Click on the CPU tab in the toolbar. Click twice on the %CPU column header to display in descending order. If you find a process using a large amount of %CPU, then select the process and click on the Quit icon in the toolbar. Click on the Force Quit button to kill the process. See if that helps. Be sure to note the name of the runaway process so you can track down the cause of the problem.

My Macbook Pro is running between 60 - 80C. is this normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.