Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessages from one contact is appearing under another contact, while the first contacts conversation has completely disappeared. When they send me an iMessage it will show up that I have an unread message, but I can't see it and it never disappears

This is pretty complicated to explain.

iMessages from one contact appeared under another contact. To make this a simple as possible, Contact 1 into Contact 2. So, when I go to text Contact 2, every message from Contact 1 shows up on the screen aside from some missing texts for some odd reason. I can't message Contact 2 either, they say they're sending but they never do send. When Contact 2 messages me, they show up under the messages app and in notifications, but I can only see the preview of the message and when i go into the actual message, it disappears and shows all the messages from Contact 1 again. Also, when I go back to messages screen from there, it shows the blue dot saying I have a new message, and that never goes away no matter how many times i go into that message to view it. All of contact 2's messages have vanished completely. I have an iPhone 5 and its up to date, iMessage is working properly aside from these two contacts.

I think it might be important if I mention that I also have a macbook pro, and everything is working fine on that. I can view my messages, send and receive messages from Contact 2.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4, UP TO DATE

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 4:34 PM

2 replies

Oct 6, 2015 4:47 PM in response to james0009

Hey,

No i can't seem to fix the problem at all. I sync all my messages into my macbook too, and everything works perfectly on it!

I even bought a new iPhone today, new sim card too, but I restored from the back up from the old phone and ended up with the same problem. Im trying to avoid deleting the message threads, but if I deleted them, that would probably solve the problem. lol

iMessages from one contact is appearing under another contact, while the first contacts conversation has completely disappeared. When they send me an iMessage it will show up that I have an unread message, but I can't see it and it never disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.