Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fullscreen Youtube

When I go fullscreen on a youtube video and allow the curser to disappear by waiting a few seconds, the screen begins to freak out and give a strange picture. Help?

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 8:13 PM

3 replies

Aug 12, 2015 1:24 PM in response to matt1205m

Hi there Matt,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

The article below provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that will resolve most issues like the one that you described, where YouTube videos are distorted in Safari on your MacBook Air.

If Safari is slow, stops responding, quits unexpectedly, or has other issues - Apple Support

Ciao.

Aug 19, 2015 12:56 PM in response to Jason L

Yeah, no. I have one extension--AdBlock--I've tried with it shut down and no joy. Of the library folders given in the above link, I have 3 of them, all empty. When you attempt to go fullscreen, it does so for a split second before chirping as it resorts to "normal" view. The screen you now have only shows the upper left quarter(ish) of what you'd see in fullscreen. I have cleared cache and cookies and checked for flash updates--everything is up-to-date.

MacBook Pro

OS X 10.10.5

Safari 8.0.8

Fullscreen Youtube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.