Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reposition Titles for a movie?

A few things: iDVD informs me there is an update, I click the "Open Software Update" button which takes me to app store.. then.. nothin. "No updates available." Okay. I'm using version 7.1

Now I've created a movie using theme "Bands" that won't save my repositioning of the chapters. I have 8 chapters, but it puts 3 over 3, with the 2 extra on top of each other in the bottom right corner. Tried repositioning and saving, but they all revert. Also added music to the Chapter screen which also didn't save. Is it just impossible to change positions of Chapters, including changing titles, title fonts and sizes? (None of these saved when I tried to change them) Are ANY of the themes customizable? Seems like I just have to look at each one until it happens to have sufficient chapter allowance? I don't know what to do. Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 6:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 8:53 AM

What version of iDVD do you have? The last version offered was iDVD 7.1.2. If you have any version of iDVD 7 that's before 7.1.2 you can updated it with this updaters: iDVD 7.1.2

If you have iDVD 6 then you'll need to purchase a copy of the iLife 09 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com. Why iLife 09? Because it's the only version that includes all of the iDVD themes from V1 thru V7.

User uploaded file

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2015 8:53 AM in response to Icelyn

What version of iDVD do you have? The last version offered was iDVD 7.1.2. If you have any version of iDVD 7 that's before 7.1.2 you can updated it with this updaters: iDVD 7.1.2

If you have iDVD 6 then you'll need to purchase a copy of the iLife 09 disk from a 3rd party retailer like Amazon.com or eBay.com. Why iLife 09? Because it's the only version that includes all of the iDVD themes from V1 thru V7.

User uploaded file

Aug 19, 2015 1:36 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks OT. I updated to 7.1.2 but everything it still reverting to original position and font. CAN it be done or should I quit trying? I'm just not sure if it's working as intended or not? I just want to change the fonts of the Main and Chapter screens and reposition some of the titles (attached to videos). Thanks.

Aug 19, 2015 2:01 PM in response to Icelyn

Try this basic troubleshooting fix:

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents of IDVD'S cache folder: User/Home/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD.

User uploaded file

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

NOTE: In Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

If you're running Mavericks or Yosemite go to your Home folder and use the View âž™ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

Aug 24, 2015 8:54 AM in response to Icelyn

The following is a workaround and not a fix.

1 - create new menu.

2 - copy the first chapter link in the chapter menu and paste it into the new menu.

3 - repeat with each of the other chapter links in order. The copying and pasting must be in the order that the chapters are in so the final project will jump from chapter 1 to 2 correctly with he DVD player remote when played.

4 - delete the original chapter menu.

Also make sure all of the chapter links are within the TV Safe area.

Reposition Titles for a movie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.