Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone 4s has been trying to reset for hours, how do i fix it?

I reset my iphone 4s so that I could create a new clash of clans village, but when i reset it it showed the apple logo with a loading bar, and after it gets about a 10th loaded the screen will go black and a couple seconds after the apple logo will appear without the loading bar, i have restarted it muliple times only to have the same result, and to add insult to injury my power/sleep button only works 10% of the time, I need to know what to do,

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 7:20 PM

5 replies

Aug 10, 2015 7:50 PM in response to mason7227

You don't need the power button for recovery mode (assuming it's already off) , only the home button. Regardless, it sounds like you need to make a genius bar appointment at your local Apple Store. -AJ

From Apple website:

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    User uploaded file
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

When your device is connected, iTunes will open. You'll see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in recovery mode.

User uploaded file

Use iTunes to restore your device. Restoring in recovery mode will erase your device. If you previously synced with iTunes or iCloud, you might be able to restore from your backup.

Aug 10, 2015 7:56 PM in response to mason7227

The other problem is that my power switch is all messed up, it doesn't really work, therefore I can't turn it off.

With hardware issues like that besides the reset problem I would definitely go to the Apple Store. Even if you solve the reset issue, you will need a reliable power switch.

Out-of-warranty cost:

iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5: $269
iPhone 4s: $199

my iphone 4s has been trying to reset for hours, how do i fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.