Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

YouTube full screen not working in safari

Hi there everytime I try to go to full screen on my YouTube safari after the UI dissapears it goes to a white screen with a black box.. Any help?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 10, 2015 11:39 PM

12 replies

Aug 10, 2015 11:40 PM in response to Keotie

Go to Safari menu (At the very top right side of your screen next to Apple icon), choose "Quit Safari"

press "Shift" button and while holding this button on your keyboard single click on the Safari icon on your Dock.

Open Safari - Preferences - Privacy - Remove All Website Data.

Open the Go menu with Option (Alt) key pressed - Library - locate Safari folder and move it to your desktop.

Jan 12, 2016 7:38 AM in response to Keotie

I finally found the actual solution. None of the other common answers worked for me, like removing all website data, reinstalling flash, deleting the Safari folder in Library, etc.

The actual solution is as follows:

- Go to System Preferences > General

- Under the "Show Scroll Bars" section, check either "Automatically based on mouse or trackpad" or "When scrolling."

Voila! Problem solved. The problem occurs when "Always" is checked. I guess YouTube doesn't play well with that option.

YouTube full screen not working in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.