Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to create a photo book without iphoto?

I just updated to Yosemite and I see that they have replaced Iphoto with Photos. I used to make photobooks in Iphoto and it was so easy, but how can I make a photobook now without the Iphoto, can I do it in Photos?

Mac Pro

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 2:44 AM

6 replies

Aug 12, 2015 12:25 AM in response to LarryHN

But i can't use Iphoto anymore, when i'm trying to open it it says "The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store." But when i go to App Store I can't find Iphoto :/

I like to use the photo stream at Iphoto and not iCloud, because with Photos you need to use iCloud to transfer the pictures from your iphone to the mac.

Aug 12, 2015 4:04 AM in response to jenykeny

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library. BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

Aug 12, 2015 8:26 AM in response to jenykeny

Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

I like to use the photo stream at Iphoto and not iCloud, because with Photos you need to use iCloud to transfer the pictures from your iphone to the mac.

iCloud Photos Library is optional on Photos (It is a great feature for me but not a required one) and with Photos MyPhotoStream works exactly the same as in iPhoto except that it is totally automatic in Photos and ll photos added to Photos are uploaded and all photos added form IOS devices are imported into the Photos library in their normal place, there no longer is a separate "event" for them

LN

How to create a photo book without iphoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.