Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help connecting an old Apple A1081 LCD monitor to a mid-2014 Retina Macbook Pro.

My father has an old A1081 that he got in 2002-ish that has been collecting dust in our attic, I have a MBP that I love but I need more space to do schoolwork. It would be a perfect combination if I knew how to connect the two, haha.

Is there any particular cable or setup I could use to use the two together. I have the Mid-2014 Macbook Pro with Retina Display, and this (http://www.amazon.com/Apple-Cinema-20-inch-Flat-Panel-Display/dp/B0002ILKMW/ref= cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8) is the monitor I'm talking about. Is it possible?

Thanks for any and all help! And sorry if this is a stupid, easily answerable question. I did try and look for any answer before posting, but all answers were about different models.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 6:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 8:48 PM

You need a Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapter.

(131639)

1 reply

Help connecting an old Apple A1081 LCD monitor to a mid-2014 Retina Macbook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.