Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10

Are additional Boot Camp drivers required to support Windows 10 on a MacBook Pro already running Windows 8.1?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), mid 2015 model

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 2:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 4:48 AM

likely yeah there however are not official support for win10 in bootcamp

so you likely has to try and reinstall the official win8.1 drivers and see how much stuff you can get to work

until apple release official drivers though

win8.1 was released in oct

and bootcamp support came in feb

so it's not likely to be just around the corner

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2015 4:48 AM in response to MyNameIsCarl

likely yeah there however are not official support for win10 in bootcamp

so you likely has to try and reinstall the official win8.1 drivers and see how much stuff you can get to work

until apple release official drivers though

win8.1 was released in oct

and bootcamp support came in feb

Aug 14, 2015 12:34 PM in response to Rudegar

Rudegar wrote:

Apple seems quicker this time around, it only took them 2 weeks to release Boot Camp Drivers for Windows 10, Which I think is reasonable! I hope this is a good sign for things to come... But I personally only care about the video driver, I am sure most games will work okay thou. And Video drivers probably will not be regularly approved since Apple has to approve the drivers, unlike the Windows versions where AMD (not sure about Intel et al) can writes and releases, although each manufacturer have their own drivers, I never install via the manufacturer thou.

I was able to access the new Boot Camp drivers from Apple Software Update in Windows 10, After I performed an upgrade install from Windows 8.1

Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.