Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson Printer Utility 4 not installed

I've been using an Epson XP-400 Printer for almost two years, on my old Macbook Pro with Mountain Lion and now on my new Mac Pro with Yosemite. Everything was working fine until recently when I was unable to print anything from my computer. The printer was being listed as "Not Connected" despite it being on and connected to Wifi. I tried rebooting both the printer and computer, which has worked in the past, but this time it didn't.

I removed the it from available printers in System Preferences and re-added it and selecting the proper driver. Now, it shows up as "Idle, Last Used", but anytime I try to print something the printer queue pops up quickly and disappears while the printer itself does not print. When I try to open Printer Utilities, I get an error message saying that Epson Printer Utility 4 is not installed. I've tried re-installing at least two more times, each with the same result.

Please help!

Mac Pro (Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 12:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 1:09 PM

I have the same printer/scanner. Make sure you have all the Epson updated drivers by checking w/Epson (call them or check their driver/support website), Software Update & the following KB Article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669Printer and scanner software available for download

After installations make sure you repair permissions, restart your computer as well as OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 11, 2015 1:09 PM in response to goji1986

I have the same printer/scanner. Make sure you have all the Epson updated drivers by checking w/Epson (call them or check their driver/support website), Software Update & the following KB Article: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3669Printer and scanner software available for download

After installations make sure you repair permissions, restart your computer as well as OS X Yosemite: Reset the printing system

User uploaded file

Epson Printer Utility 4 not installed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.