Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best Way to Browse Support Forums?

What's the best way to browse these Apple Support Community forums? I've been using them for a lot of years, but the change Apple made to them a year or two ago drives me nuts.

When I go to a forum I'm interested in browsing, I see a list of questions. If the question has been answered, I see the green check mark on it. If I want to look at more questions, I click the "Load More" link, and the list of questions expands to view more.

What I don't see is:

• A way to keep my place as I browse the forum. If I click "Load More", and read a question from the newly expanded list, when I click the back button (or swipe on my trackpad) I'm taken back to the very first page of questions I've already seen. This is fine, if one never wants to read messages past the first screen...but frustrating to have to click "Load More" several times to get back to where you were.
  • Also, when browsing the questions on the forum, there's no way to see how many replies the question has associated with it without opening the question.

Just a couple of pet peeves about this "new" layout....is there a way around the points I've raised?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), 3.2GHz Core i5;16GB RAM; Late 2012

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 4:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 4:28 PM

Try Site map of Communities and Categories.

tt2

7 replies

Aug 11, 2015 4:54 PM in response to MacMikeInOK

Howdy Mike

Forget the " Load More " version of the forum list - add " /content " to the end of each forum URL - more like a normal forum than a blog

If you spend ALOT of time here, you may wish to customize Firefox or Chrome to get some added extras

see Stylish | Adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages | Apple Support Communities

If you do opt for the Styling Way, add this to the end of every forum's URL to get color coded for UNread

" /content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[thread] "

User uploaded file

BOOKMARK your favorite forums

For your own content, see tt2's Four Magic Twangers near the top of his SITEMAP User Tip

Best Way to Browse Support Forums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.