Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleteing multiple iCal events that are not "repeating"

Sorry if this is s duplicate post..

I have a series of events, three at the same time on one day of the week, and, they exist in every week from now until well after I die. I want to remove them. However, I don't want to delete 150 event per year for the next 20 years. I'd like to be able to some how delete the lot in one hit.

They are NOT standard iCal "repeat" events, that would be easy to deal with.

I think they were imported from my Palm Pilot when I moved to an iPhone 3s some years ago.

The problem exists in ical on the desk top undee 10.6.8, and iCal on my iPhone 3gs and iPhone 5S

Any ideas?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 6:06 PM

2 replies

Aug 11, 2015 6:18 PM in response to karlreed

I think you need a script to do this. You could have one to search for the titles and delete items with that exact title. This assumes the titles are unique and you wouldn't delete other events as collateral damage. Assuming your calendar uses iCloud, deleting in one place (iMac) would delete on iDevices too. But I'm not a programmer that's for sure. Maybe a post in Mac OS & System Software

Aug 11, 2015 6:45 PM in response to karlreed

Have you tried using the Find command in Calendar (Calendar menu Edit > Find)? You can search for the title of the offending calendar notices the select the top one and scroll down to the bottom of the list and Shift Click to select the range then right click one of the highlighted and select delete. I haven't tried this but it seems to have potential. Not sure if it will delete all or just one. Try on a small group to see how it works before you committment to what sounds like a lot of scrolling to get to the bottom of the list. More labor intensive than a script but maybe effective.

Deleteing multiple iCal events that are not "repeating"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.