Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble with AirPrint Epson XP-410

Airprint will not find our Epson XP-410 printer on our network. Wireless works well and I can print from desktop. Firmware just updated and iPad up to date OS. School has started and my son needs the printer. I would appreciate any help. Seems silly to have IT make personal house call for AirPrint. Thx

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 11, 2015 7:36 PM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2017 11:38 AM in response to lplattner

I have this problem too I can get it to print but it prints very oddly. I cannot print from Notes or Pages at all and then it won’t print my emails...the letters are way too big and outlined. My printer is up-to-date and I think has something to do with iOS updates. It started happening about a month ago. perhaps it is means to have to buy a new printer

Nov 15, 2017 10:24 AM in response to Daisy322

I see. It's not an AirPrint printer.

Where do you see the printer "pop up"?

Do you have an app that supports the printer?

Have you updated the app?

If you are sharing the document with the printer app, have you tried sharing a converted PDF of the document instead? The method is described below.

To share a document or webpage as PDF, use these steps:

1. Tap the Share icon and select print. This will show the print preview.

2. Pinch open (apart) on the first page of the preview. This will show the preview full screen.

3. Tap the Share icon in that window to select an app to receive the document in PDF format.

Aug 13, 2015 12:54 PM in response to lplattner

Hello lplattner,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you are having trouble with an AirPrint printer on a Wi-Fi network. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

Check these things if you are unable to print, or if you see the message "No AirPrint Printers Found."

• On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, verify that your device is using the latest version of iOS available and that the app you're printing from is up to date.
  • On your Mac, use Software Update to update OS X and apps you've purchased from the Mac App Store.
  • Check with your printer's manufacturer to see if any firmware updates are available for your printer model.
  • You can connect an AirPrint device to your network either through bridging, or a direct connection to your Wi-Fi network.
  • AirPrint devices connected to the USB port of an Apple AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule don't use AirPrint. If your printer includes AirPrint, connect it directly to your Wi-Fi network or the Ethernet LAN port on your Base Station to print wirelessly.
  • After turning on your printer, wait a few moments before trying to print. Some printers might take a minute or two after powering up before joining your network.

If you've tried these steps but still can't print, you can also get help resolving printer issues on your Mac.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a nice day

Aug 13, 2015 1:19 PM in response to mario49

Thank you Mario,

My AirPrint printer works well for my Windows based desktop computer located in another area of the house. It receives and prints from that printer. I did review the Apple support before writing this post and I followed all of the suggestions. I have the most current OS, the wireless works well for the printer and the iPad, the firmware was updated. All were addressed.

I have used 9 iPads from work on 3 different AirPrint printers with success. It is only this Epson at home that I cannot get the iPad or iPhone to find this AirPrint printer.

I am wondering if anyone else has this same problem with Epson XP-410.

Thanks for the reply.

Lora

Trouble with AirPrint Epson XP-410

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.