Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select languange in ibooks store?

How do I show only English language books in the ibooks store?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 12:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 12:28 AM

Open the iBooks Store then scroll down to the bottom of that window.

On the right click the round flag icon then select United States.

5 replies

Jan 4, 2016 3:46 PM in response to chrisfromdowningtown

Changing the flag symbol in the store does NOTHING! 😠 I did this, went to an author's page, and there were all the writer's books in German and French as well as English. Just like before.

Is there anyway to see ONLY English language versions of the books? Or are we stuck looking at translations of these books into German and French? The reason why I ask is because I go looking to see if anything new is out from these authors and sometimes a foreign language version (with a different cover and a title that reads fine in English) tricks me into thinking the author has a new book. When I click on it, I see that it's just the German version.

Why is iBooks showing me any foreign language versions of these titles. And how do I get iBooks to stop doing this?

Apr 30, 2016 11:02 AM in response to chrisfromdowningtown

This only works if you live in United States. I live in Europe and here we have all the language versions mixed. No, I am not interested on German or French titles. Hello Apple - most people in the world don't live in the USA! And we really do speak a variety of languages.

What I would like to see is only English titles as unfortunately English is the only foreign language that I can read books with. So please give us an option to select the language of the books we want to see. Should not be complicated. Whole iBooks store feels like it's US centric and not really taken seriously.

How to select languange in ibooks store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.