Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My apple macbook pro wont turn on and charge on a dim green light. please suggest me what to do

it happened all of a sudden, till evening it was working all good. but when at night i tried to turn it on, i didnt.. i also checked the charge signal by pressing the side charge button but the strange thing was it did not show any light. and now its charging on a dim green light. please suggest me anyway i can help myself.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 12:02 AM

3 replies

Aug 12, 2015 12:18 AM in response to pblegrini

Try Safe Boot:

- Shut down your Mac

- Wait until your computer turns off and after that press the Power button

- Right after you hear the startup tone, press and hold the Shift key

- Release the Shift key when you see a grey Apple sign and the progress bar below this sign

- Once you see Desktop, start a Disk Utility scan to detect and repair file system errors (don't forget to choose your main hard drive)

- Click on Verify Disk and then, if asked to fix problems, on Repair Disk

- After this, click on Verify Disk Permissions and then on Repair Disk Permissions

- After the process is finished, shut down your Mac and turn it back on after about 30 seconds

Apart from that, take a look at this Apple article and follow the instructions on Resetting NVRAM shown there: How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

Try resetting the System Management Controller: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

Take a look at the steps suggested by Apple in this article:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204267

Hope this helps

Aug 12, 2015 12:47 AM in response to pblegrini

The link for the SMC reset included:

On Mac notebooks with non-removable battery

Mac notebook computers that have a battery you should not remove include: MacBook Pro (Early 2009) and later, all models of MacBook Air, MacBook (Late 2009), and MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015).

To reset the SMC:

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe or USB-C power adapter to a power source and to your computer.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

On MagSafe power adapters, the LED might change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

If not success full then:

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

My apple macbook pro wont turn on and charge on a dim green light. please suggest me what to do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.