Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what is the correct Safari version for Windows 10?

I have a Dell laptop and just downloaded the free version of the new Windows 10. After installation, i was requested to update my Safari browser to the latest version. Any ideas?

Thanks to ALL!

iPad 2, Other OS, Windows 10 Dell Laptop

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 10:42 AM

25 replies

Mar 26, 2017 11:51 PM in response to jeffreyfromfayetteville

mmmm...this may be a bit cold, but I've recently bought my first iPhone to collapse two android devices and an iPod classic into one and I'm looking to use as many embedded apps as possible (subject to usability preferences) and so am looking to move from chrome to safari ...

If safari is 'dead' what's this?

https://windows10portal.com/download-safari/

Dec 14, 2015 7:51 AM in response to peterh11

As said, Safari for Windows was discontinued years ago by Apple.

If you are using something on Windows 10, it is unlikely ot be Safari. Possibly Internet Explorer, or even Microsoft's new Edge browser.

The last version of Safari for Windows was Safari 5, and it cannot be installed on Windows 10 at all. Its not even available for download from Apple anymore.

Feb 18, 2016 7:47 AM in response to ultradiv

The fact that it can be used, does not mean it should be used.

As already discussed above, its old and has not been updated in several years. As such it is very insecure, and many websites will complain it is to old and to update it.

Since it cannot be updated, the best course of action is to use a different currently updated browser.

what is the correct Safari version for Windows 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.