Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OK I have a serious problem with my Ipod.

My Ipod can't connect to a wifi network,nor can it scan for any networks.I've tried reseting the network settings using my ipod but that dosen't work.

I tried restoring it using itunes but I cant as i need to turn off find my iphone off, but I cant since i have no interet accses

Then I put it in recovery mode to resotre but it dosent work. When its downloading the 8.4 ipa pacakage even before its finsh it comes up with an error saying that It couldt download it.

Then I downloaded the ios 8.4 ipa package and click shift and resotre when it was in recvoring mode. It says extracting software and when its nearly finish it comes up with an erro ipod could not be resoreted and the error number is 2009 ,other times is 3019 -1 and so on.

Please please can you help me.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 10:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 10:45 AM

For 2009 error:

Check your USB connections

Errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014. You might also see a message that includes "invalid response."

If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.

To narrow down the issue, try different equipment:

If you still see the error message, check for hardware issues.User uploaded file

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.User uploaded file

Check for outdated or modified software

Errors: 1015. You might also see the message "The required resource can't be found."These errors might appear if any of the situations below are true:

• Your version of iTunes is out of date. Get the latest version of iTunes, then try to update or restore again.
  • Your device has a beta version of iOS.
  • You're trying to install an earlier version of iOS (downgrading).
  • Your device has unauthorized modifications to iOS, also called "jailbreaking."

The 3019 is not listed here:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

-1 is not a god error to have:

Error (-1)

Try on another computer

Also see:

iOS: If you can't back up or restore from a backup in iTunes

Then see:

-1 error

-1 error too

If still problem that means a hardware problem. In that case make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2015 10:45 AM in response to nathaneal21

For 2009 error:

Check your USB connections

Errors: 13, 14, 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603, 1604, 1611, 1643-1650, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009, 4005, 4013, 4014. You might also see a message that includes "invalid response."

If the USB connection between your device and computer is interrupted, you might not be able to update or restore.

To narrow down the issue, try different equipment:

If you still see the error message, check for hardware issues.User uploaded file

Check for hardware issues

Errors: 1, 3, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 20, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28, 29, 34, 35, 36, 37, 40, 53, 56, 1002, 1004, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1667, or 1669.Your device or computer might have a hardware issue that stops the update or restore from completing.

1. Check that your security software and settings aren't blocking your device from communicating with the Apple update server.
  2. Then try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good.
  3. Make sure that your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers.
  4. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

If you still see the error message, check for outdated or modified software.User uploaded file

Check for outdated or modified software

Errors: 1015. You might also see the message "The required resource can't be found."These errors might appear if any of the situations below are true:

• Your version of iTunes is out of date. Get the latest version of iTunes, then try to update or restore again.
  • Your device has a beta version of iOS.
  • You're trying to install an earlier version of iOS (downgrading).
  • Your device has unauthorized modifications to iOS, also called "jailbreaking."

The 3019 is not listed here:

Get help with iOS update and restore errors - Apple Support

-1 is not a god error to have:

Error (-1)

Try on another computer

Also see:

iOS: If you can't back up or restore from a backup in iTunes

Then see:

-1 error

-1 error too

If still problem that means a hardware problem. In that case make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Aug 19, 2015 3:50 AM in response to lllaass

Thanks for all that information,but as of the moment now I can not use another computer as it is broken...

But recently I tried restoring my ipod again in recovery mode, everything was going all smooth no errors so far. After it finished extracting software,it said preparing for restore, then said waiting for ipod. As that happen, on my ipod the apple logo came with the restoring progress bar, but it didn't make any progress,on my laptop it was still saying waiting for ipod.

A few moments later, on my ipod the apple logo just flashed back up and booted straight into recovery mode,when that happen itunes gave me an error that it could not restore it error 4013. I exited out of recovery mode.

Ever since then when I boot up my ipod it just goes staright into recovery mode, regardless in what state it is in (ie plugged in or not). I have no idea what to do,mabye if i try restoring again I might just get the same error or a different one? And what if my battery dies, am I gunna be screwed.

Please can you help?

OK I have a serious problem with my Ipod.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.