Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Un-archiver' won't open Chrome Cleanup or Clam ExAve - an Apple approved malware finder. What will open such programs?

'Un-archiver' won't open Chrome Cleanup or Clam ExAve - an Apple approved malware finder. What will open such programs?

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 11:18 AM

1 reply

Aug 12, 2015 10:49 PM in response to Aldaar

I have to guess that you are referring to ClamXav which does not download as a compress file, so my first question would have to be where did you download it from? You should have obtained it from the developers web site which is https://www.clamxav.com/download.html. Once downloaded it should be opened by DiskImageMounter and then you will need to follow these instructions for Installation.

I don't know what 'Un-archiver' is, but it's not the standard Apple utility which is called 'Archive Utility'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.