Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IDVD issue

I am running IDVD 7.1 on Mac OSX Lion 10.7.5 with 253 GB of free memory.

I am trying to burn a 4.1 GB movie with only one menu and a photo slideshow in the background. I have completed the same type of project hundreds of times before and it has taken me maximum 8 hours but for some reason this time, once I get to the encoding process, it says it will be 51 hours.

Steps I have taken

1. Changed encoding setting to professional
  2. Deleted encoded settings
  3. Accessed Library and removed all caches and removed all idvd related info under preferences, emptied trash
  4. Quit all other applications so that only IDVD is running

None of these steps have helped, anyone have any other suggestions, I am really in a bind here

iDVD '08, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 3:34 PM

2 replies

Aug 13, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Schunny

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

User uploaded file

IDVD issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.