Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ARD 'Connection Failed …' Message.

Hi.

I recently purchased ARD and am attempting to control a remote Mac mini. I can connect, i.e. the remote computer appears under 'All Computers' in ARD and its 'Current Status' is 'Available', but when I try to 'Control', by right clicking on the remote computer and selecting 'Control', I receive the following message:

'Connection failed to "[XXX Mac mini]"

Please make sure that Screen Sharing (in the Sharing section of System Preferences) is enabled on the computer to which you are attempting to connect. Also make sure your network connection is working properly.'

I haven't been able to enable Screen Sharing on the remote computer at the same time as Remote Management is enabled. The following message is displayed under Screen Sharing:

'Screen Sharing is currently being controlled by the Remote Management Service.'

Please assist?

Thanks,

Karl_NZ.

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Remote Mac mini OS X Yosemite 10.10

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 4:29 PM

2 replies

Oct 2, 2015 12:13 PM in response to Karl_NZ

I'm seeing the same behavior here. Other details:

- MacBook Air (Early 2015)

- Can copy software, get System Reports, conduct Spotlight searches, etc. - just can't observe or control

- Can use ARD Admin on affected client just fine

- Same ARD version on other Mac models work fine

- Tried wired (through a Thunderbolt adapter) and wireless

- Earlier MBA's with same OS and ARD client work

- It seems to be related to the specific MacBook Air model

- I've been using ARD since its inception on all sorts of Macs and have never seen this before

ARD 'Connection Failed …' Message.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.