Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double-Tapping Blues

When using VoiceOver, the double-tap/two finger gesture does not always stop the dictation. The dictation does not stop. Not only does ambient sound get in to the dictation, but sometimes it may zoom instead. Occasionally Pandora comes on, and often it takes 4 or 5 events to get the dictation to stop.

There are numerous other issues in tapping the phone which include the focus jumping to a different place or executing the wrong function.

I would like to know if anyone can tell me if these problems have been eliminated in 8.4.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Aug 12, 2015 5:22 PM

2 replies

Aug 12, 2015 8:55 PM in response to LiamFlanagan

I personally prefer the three finger double tap to turn speech off, since it announced speech off or on as opposed to the two finger single tap. I don't have any of the other issues you experience with focus jumping. What about creating an accessibility shortcut for Zoom with the home button, so when using voice over you could have zoom off but it would be easy to access. – AJ

Aug 12, 2015 9:05 PM in response to LiamFlanagan

LiamFlanagan wrote:

When using VoiceOver, the double-tap/two finger gesture does not always stop the dictation. The dictation does not stop.

I reread your post. Try to turn speech off by doing a single two finger tap and again to turn it back on. Since you were doing it as a double tap it may be turning off and then back on quickly.

Double-Tapping Blues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.