Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any suggestions on how to create podcast chapters now that Garage Band doesn't support it?

Hi guys, I know that Apple decided to get rid of the podcasts feature on Garage Band. I also know that if you upgraded to the newer version of Garage Band the old version is still on your computer. Unfortunately I don't have that option as I'm using a different mac altogether and was wondering does anyone have any suggestions of any OTHER programmes that I can use to create podcast chapters/export to .m4a?

I'm open to all options as I'm pretty clueless with stuff like this, however it's a feature that I need to bring back to my podcast as soon as possible. I seem to find a lot of articles on the subject that don't do anything else other than slam Apple for their decision and not offer any alternative.

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 3:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 10:53 AM

Do you have a Time Machine backup of your previous Mac, so you could restore GarageBand '11 to your new Mac? If you used it previously in GarageBand '11 you may still have GarageBand '11 on one of your backups.

I don't know any other software for Mac that supports the Podcast features, sorry.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 13, 2015 10:53 AM in response to jbird86

Do you have a Time Machine backup of your previous Mac, so you could restore GarageBand '11 to your new Mac? If you used it previously in GarageBand '11 you may still have GarageBand '11 on one of your backups.

I don't know any other software for Mac that supports the Podcast features, sorry.

Aug 26, 2015 5:57 AM in response to léonie

Thank you! I will definitely try this... will it install garage band over the previous version or will I have two versions on my mac?

I've just read about a programme called Chapter Tool - apparently it's an Apple software...going to do some research and look into it later on but it looks like it's from around 2008... does anyone know about this?

Any suggestions on how to create podcast chapters now that Garage Band doesn't support it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.