Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

[urgent]get "appleSSD.sys" error when installing windows 7 through bootcamp

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Please help me. I keep google for this error for days, but still can't find a solution.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 6:23 AM

240 replies

Dec 18, 2015 11:18 AM in response to ahtsan

Yesterday I got the same error.

Win 7 MBP Mid 2012

Reading this thread I ended up pretty much following the suggestions which got me into a successful windows install but the bootcamp drivers were not installed and the USB drivers not installed means the USB stick can't be read. Used paragon and copied them over to the windows desktop. Lots of PITA later I got it working only to find out the partition was too small. Nuked it and restarted and found these instructions from Apple on how to do a new Windows 7 install.

Official from them. Pretty much followed this on my next install and it went much smoother, with the drivers being loaded off the stick nicely during install.

Install Windows 7 and earlier on your Mac using Boot Camp - Apple Support

Aug 13, 2015 9:10 AM in response to Subemus

I've been trying to instal since last night. I was getting error messages when trying to install windows on the boot camp partition. I downloaded a different image and tried again.. finally the setup went through. However, after installing and trying to run windows for the first time this error comes up and I can't get into windows.

Aug 13, 2015 9:18 AM in response to ahtsan

Same issue for me too. I have a 15" Retina Pro from Mid 2014, so a newer model, but exactly the same message that you took a screenshot of. Fed up now; have tried various methods of running the install - original disk in cd drive, using an ISO to create bootable USB2.0 stick and still the same.

Would really appreciate some assistance as I've been told "Using Bootcamp is so easy!" and I've been working on this for almost a full day now 😟

Aug 13, 2015 9:42 AM in response to ahtsan

So everyone here gets the same issue for me?

Let me share what i have got

Use bootcamp(BC) to make a USB bootable stick (ticking both 1st and 2nd option in BC) ->

install a helper tool(prompted by BC) ->

use BC to install windows(ticking the 3rd option in BC) ->

follow the steps ->

installation completed and restart ->

Had the black screen showing the error ( Windows can not verify .... )

[urgent]get "appleSSD.sys" error when installing windows 7 through bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.