Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

problems importing Canon RAW files to Aperture/Photos

I have problems importing RAW files produced by the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II.

According to Apple the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II is supported:

http://www.apple.com/aperture/specs/raw.html

The result is as follows (detail of the picture):

User uploaded file

When using Adobe DNG Converter and Photoshop for the conversion everything is fine:

User uploaded file

I have the latest operating system and Aperture version 3.6 installed.

User uploaded file

What can I do to import the Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II RAW files directly without unexpected distortions or time consuming work arounds?

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 4:47 AM

6 replies

May 20, 2016 4:42 AM in response to zeeburger

I have this exact same problem. Half of my photo is scrambled or turns black. My camera is a Panasonic G6 that I just bought. running OS10.10.5 with Aperture 3.6 and Digital Camera Raw 6.06. The whole setup should support it. It does the same when opening the RW2 file with preview.

I have used ths setup for years and thousands of RAW pictures with my Panasonic G3, never missed a beat.

On another Mac it works fine in preview with the Panasonic G6 RW2 files. This Mac also runs 10.10.5, but has no aperture so I can't find out what Digital Camera Raw it runs.

May 20, 2016 5:26 AM in response to frankvcp

On another Mac it works fine in preview with the Panasonic G6 RW2 files. This Mac also runs 10.10.5, but has no aperture so I can't find out what Digital Camera Raw it runs.

If you launch the Photos.app on your Mac without Aperture, the "About panel in Photos will show you the RAW support version.

• Launch Photos.
  • Go to the Photos menu in the main menu bar. Photos > About Photos:

User uploaded file

I'd reinstall the RAW support separately.

The RAW Support download from the AppStore does not always install reliably.

The separate download link for 6.06 is here: Digital Camera RAW Compatibility Update 6.06

Search for other versions on this page: Apple - Support - Downloads

problems importing Canon RAW files to Aperture/Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.