Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 on 2011 iMac

Hello, with Apples recent support for Windows 10 I noticed that the Mid 2011 iMacs are not supported officially.......*** do I do now!!!!

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 10:56 AM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Steveric

Upgraded one of my iMac 2011 21.5" to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Needed to run the Bootcamp 5.x installer again to repair the install to get my keyboard keys to work. I also had an issue with the superdrive not being recognized. In addition, for some reason the updated drivers from Windows 10 for the graphics card (AMD 6750M) caused the computer to hang at a black screen with cursor during login. Needed to delete the updated drivers to get it working again. Hopefully they eventually update the bootcamp software to officially support the 2011 computers...I've heard that El Capitan includes bootcamp 6 on older computers.

Oct 3, 2015 12:12 PM in response to Dr_Macintosh

Hello all,

Just to let you know that I was able to install windows 10 with a clean install form DVD in a iMac 21.5 mid 2011.

I have El Capitan and used BCA 6 to do the installation.

Everything its working like a charm.

Regarding the issue with Windows update trying to install AMD drivers just use this tool https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930 to hide it and skip this driver from Windows updates

Windows 10 on 2011 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.