Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot sync my ipod to library

Trying to sync ipod classic 80Gb to latest itunes, when i eventually hit the sync button, it goes to step 2 of 2, then synchronising shows up as normal on itunes and ipod, er syncing all songs, it comes up with an error cannot sync disc is unavailable

iPod classic

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 2:46 AM

See Corrupt iPod classic.

tt2

14 replies

Aug 14, 2015 9:38 PM in response to turingtest2

Opps Halfway thru message and it got sent or deleted. i just done the DFU thingy but no joy. All this started after I purchased an album from itunes and picked some tracks for a playlist. When I synced that is when it all went pete tong. Now every attempt to erase, format or restore just leaves the same 3 or 4 random songs on the ipod.

After all of your advice, the latest error message is

Attempting to copy to the disk "Simons ipo failed" An unknown error occured (-69)

Will not give up until the end and it goes for a float test

Aug 15, 2015 4:10 AM in response to NODSVILLE

The stats are OK. No pendings or abnormal temperatures which is good and the reallocated count is reasonable.

Restore the device once more and add a single album manually. Assuming that works try the break-up large transfers method give in the other post.

What AV are you running? You may have better luck if you temporarily disable it while updating your iPod. The current version of Norton in particular seems to be causing problems for some people.

tt2

Aug 16, 2015 9:57 PM in response to turingtest2

Morning, I have tried all your advice, and have done all the diagnostic and hard drive tests but no good. Since all this began, every time I synced, I would get same 3 songs only.Just thought I would try again from scratch. Doing the hard drive test again and got to the point where it states

" Open iTunes and in the Devices tab of the preferences menu checkPrevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically. Now connect your iPod to the computer, wait until it connects, then close iTunes."

Well I've just connected ipod to itunes and the following message came up

"An ipod has been detected, but it could not be identified properly. Please disconnect and re connect the ipod, then try again. An unknown error occurred (1621)"

Can't find error code 1621 to check. Any ideas. I think my ipod is looking good for a paper weight

Aug 17, 2015 12:26 AM in response to turingtest2

Just to add on from my last message, when I now plug in plug my ipod which now has no songs at all, the Auto play box appears as it has done every other time. Simons ipod click here to open folder to view files, which I can do. On the ipod screen says Connected, eject before disconnecting. On itunes, there is no ipod to open. The icon is normally inbetween my music and the line of 3 dots top left of itunes page. Cant operate any buttons on ipod apart from previous tests.

Any help much needed Ta

Cannot sync my ipod to library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.