Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod shuffle won't charge or connect. Light turns red for five seconds, then goes blank. I've tried different ports, different cables. Tried re-setting. Ideas?

iPod shuffle won't charge or connect. Light turns red for five seconds, then goes blank. I've tried different ports, different cables. Tried re-setting. Ideas?

iPod shuffle

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 3:50 PM

1 reply

Aug 15, 2015 4:04 PM in response to Kencomsett

Hi Kencomsett,

Thanks for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like your iPod shuffle won't charge. You mentioned several good troubleshooting steps like trying different usb ports and charging cables, and trying to reset the device.

Next, try to restore the iPod to factory settings using the steps in Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings. If possible, try restoring using a different computer.

If the iPod shuffle can't be restored, it may need service. You can find more information about iPod service options at Apple - Support - Service Answer Center.

Sincerely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.