Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.4.1 wifi issue

I just updated my ipod touch 6 and my iphone 5s and now the wifi isn't working on either of them and I tried resetting the network and forgetting the network and neither of them work.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 14, 2015 10:19 PM

rebooting the router was the thing that finally helped for me. before that i had tried resetting network settings, rebooting phone, force-rebooting phone, etc. and none of those helped. i was having exact same issue described above with iphone 6- wifi was connected but no data would transfer. bummer that apple pushed out another buggy update just for apple music features. guess i'll wait longer next time to update instead of clicking on the popup they pushed to my phone.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 14, 2015 10:19 PM in response to YakovM

rebooting the router was the thing that finally helped for me. before that i had tried resetting network settings, rebooting phone, force-rebooting phone, etc. and none of those helped. i was having exact same issue described above with iphone 6- wifi was connected but no data would transfer. bummer that apple pushed out another buggy update just for apple music features. guess i'll wait longer next time to update instead of clicking on the popup they pushed to my phone.

Aug 13, 2015 5:46 PM in response to ontariobaby

ontariobaby wrote:

I just updated my ipod touch 6 and my iphone 5s and now the wifi isn't working on either of them and I tried resetting the network and forgetting the network and neither of them work.

Try to force reboot your devices by simultaneously holding the Power and Home buttons for about ten seconds. You can also try to restart your router.

Aug 21, 2015 10:06 AM in response to VladislavSh

VladislavSh,I had the same problem on my daughter's iPod touch. I was entering the correct password, but kept getting an "incorrect password" message. I disconnected my router and then did a reset on the iPod (Reset iPod touch: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears). After the iPod restarted, I then plugged the router back in. Everything worked great! I hope this works for you.

Sep 7, 2015 10:36 AM in response to ontariobaby

Hello, try the following troubleshooting option, i hope it will be solved.

1. Try restarting your router
  2. Disable location services for Wi-Fi networking
  3. Use Google DNS servers
  4. Resetting Network Settings

You can read some more troubleshooting option for IOS 8.4.1 WiFi connectivity here if still your problem is not solved take it to the nearest store.

Hope you find it helpful 🙂

Sep 9, 2015 5:58 AM in response to ontariobaby

I've tried all of this, and it never works for long. Rebooting my router and changing network settings appears to work for maybe a few minutes, then it disconnects again.

The thing I've really noticed is that my iPhone won't connect unless someone else is on the wifi network. So my computer has to be on and connected to the wifi in order for my iphone to connect to the network. It's so bizarre. I've tried forgetting all wifi connections on my computer, but no matter what wifi on my iphone still stops working about 5 minutes after turn off my computer.

Sep 11, 2015 9:24 AM in response to ontariobaby

Yes!! I am facing same issue! I just brought six plus one month ago ! This issue (wifi disconnected)make me irritating even updated to 8.4.1 still no changes!!

TO APPLE :

could you please solve this issue as soon as possible??! my boy friend laught at me (he is samsung supporter)because I'm choosing Apple product! Expensive and a problem product! Not quality at all!

APPLE don't make me disappointed please !!

iOS 8.4.1 wifi issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.