Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Solution for Bootcamp 6 error on Windows 10

I've had the same problem as many of you when trying to install Bootcamp 6 on my Windows 10 machine. The error about "not valid boot camp service" and wrong "bootcamp.msi" and "The installed product does not match the installation source(s)" kept popping up.

Here's what I did to fix it:

• Create a restore point (just in case)
  • Make sure you downloaded BootCamp 6 via "Apple Software Update" (will also work if Apple releases the files directly for download)
  • Navigate to C:\Users\{yourUsername}\AppData\Local\Apple\Apple Software Update\ (you might need to turn on "Show hidden files" in Explorer if you can't see it), there you'll see a file called AppleBcUpdate.exe. Either open WinRar or rename that file to "AppleBcUpdate.exe.zip" (you might need to turn on "Show file extensions in Explorer) and double click it. Extract the two folders in there to the root of D:\ or C:\ (doesn't really matter).
  • Click the start button and type in "regedit". Right click -> Run as administrator
  • Navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and find the folder "A2C2B2AF14AEA5943980062716525D26". Rename that folder to something like "_A2C2B2AF14AEA5943980062716525D26" or whatever. You can also export it (as a backup) and then just delete it.
  • Close regedit.
  • Click the start button and type in "cmd". Right click -> Run as administrator
  • Type in "D:" (if you extract BootCamp to D:\). Then "cd BootCamp\Drivers\Apple". Now type in "BootCamp.msi" and hit enter.
  • The installer should now run through fine.
  • Restart your computer, even if you're not prompted to do so.

This is what worked for me. I have now a successful BootCamp 6 installation on Windows 10:

User uploaded file

Also: I'm not responsible if anything breaks 🙂

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 3:33 PM

99 replies

Jan 5, 2017 3:21 AM in response to alxkum

I had this error when I tried to install Bootcamp version 6.133 (the one you could still find on the internet, without Botcamp Assistant from osX).

Some unidentified drivers remained, but they were updated by Windows a few minutes after connecting to the internet.

All fine in the end.

I reinstalled once again and then I used the latest version of Botcamp for my iMac - 6.215 - and no error showed (not even the one with Realtek hang).

So I guess, the Bootcamp version matters in these situations.

Aug 15, 2015 7:51 AM in response to Rolfilein

To get the AppleBcUpdate.exe file go to Apple Software Update. Before you start downloading it, in one of the menu items at the top you can select a "download only" option. This will download the Bootcamp update without trying to install it. Once you have a failed installation, the file deletes itself, so you need to stop it from installing once it's downloaded.

Aug 17, 2015 4:08 AM in response to WeYS3Qu2WkOGrRTrojiP

Hi Panha
What fixed the loss of wifi issue for me was to open the device manager in the control panel in Windows, (command+X ->Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Device Manager), expand the Network adapters, right-click on the Broadband 802.11ac device, click uninstall, click OK on the warning then reboot Windows. Windows sees the device and re-installs it with a working driver. Fixed it for me, good luck!

Solution for Bootcamp 6 error on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.