Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't find Boot Camp 6

Hello, I have a macbook air mid-2013 running windows 8.1 and OSX Yosemite 10.10.5. I upgraded to Windows 10. Supposedly the apple software upgrader is supposed to automatically detect the newer version of Boot camp (Boot Camp 6), but when I run the upgrader it doesn't detect Boot camp 6, and says no updates are available. I am running Bootcamp 5. See apple's user guide: Use Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp - Apple Support

How can I get Boot Camp 6? Why isn't it available? I would like it because my bluetooth on Windows 10 is gone, and keyboard function keys do not work.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Boot Camp windows 10

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 4:54 PM

Bootcamp 6 is being rolled out in waves. You'll probably get it sometime soon.

After upgrading to Windows 10, make sure to install Bootcamp 5 again, even if it was already installed prior to the Windows upgrade.

4 replies

Aug 13, 2015 5:30 PM in response to alxkum

Thanks! I decided to just go to OS X and download the drivers on the USB drive through bootcamp assistant, which downloaded bootcamp 6. It fixed a lot of the problems (bluetooth is back, and keyboard function keys work) - the only thing is that the keyboard backlight no longer works. F5/F6 (the keys to increase/decrease keyboard backlight) only show a error sign when you press them, and no light is on the keyboard backlight. Any thoughts?

Thank you!

I can't find Boot Camp 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.