Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"No service" when texting non-iphone users

Since purchasing the iPhone 6+, I have had continual problems when texting non-iPhone users. It causes my phone to have "no service". Eventually, the texts go through, but they are delayed and my phone is without service for a short while. Apple has replaced the phone and spent time consulting with me trying to resolve, but could not do anything. AT&T replaced the SIM card. The problem still not resolved. I am a real estate agent in a busy market and this issue is causing me problems. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Any idea as to how to resolve? Thanks.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 6:00 PM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2015 11:04 AM in response to morning132

When you restored your replacement iPhone, did you restore from a backup? It is possible there is an errant file in that backup that could be causing problems. I say this since you have been able to successfully SMS using the Apple Watch. I would have suggested after the SIM swap to have AT&T reset your SMS plan on your account, but since it seems to be working when you use the watch, I wonder. After using the watch have you attempted to use the phone again to SMS? If so, does it work? If not, and you have all of your content synced to supported applications, you could always wipe the phone and activated it as new device, not from a backup and test in that fashion to see if it works without any backup information.

"No service" when texting non-iphone users

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.