Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change OS 10.10.5 to OS 10.8.5(Yosemite to Mountain Lion

Need to change Yosemite to Mountain Lion for Pro Tools 10.3.10.

Requires OS 10.8.5 and also need it for Waves RTAS plug-ins. Have OS on a USB plug. Can't erase HD clean enough to boot into Mountain Lion. Continues to boot into Yosemite.

Running Mountain Lion on an iMac Mid-2010 vintage into Pro Tools 10.3.10 w/003+ rack without any problems.

-wayne

iPad Mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Change to OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 5:17 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 4:40 AM in response to ybstudios

I don't know if you solved this or not but one way that should work as it did for me is by accessing the Mac you want to install/reinstall ML on via and older machine that is running ML or earlier via Target mode. I have kept my 1st gen Macbook for that purpose, if you don't have one maybe you can borrow one for this purpose.

Make sure the ML Installer is on that older machine & connect the two machines together (FW or usb) with the destination machine powered off then power it up while holding the "T" key to force it to start in Target mode (if you have no experience of this then google Target Mode on a Mac) Now you should be able to do a clean install of ML onto your mac mini. Good luck!

dave

Change OS 10.10.5 to OS 10.8.5(Yosemite to Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.