Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod incorrectly updates last played in iTunes

hardware: iPod shuffle 2nd gen

Software: latest firmware, latest iTunes

My iPod is incorrectly marking songs in 'last played'.

At first I thought that it was only skipping songs, and marking others. I understand that the iPod has no internal clock and will mark songs played on the date/time that it is synced with the computer. I usually listen on random, and so couldn't verify the bug. However, I started listening on serial mode to be sure I could go through and mark songs' 'last played' date manually after syncing the iPod. Today I noticed that songs further down my playlist-- songs that had most certainly not been played, are marked as played. (The 'last played' date is the date of the sync today)

Reading forums it appears that this bug has existed for just about the entire life of the device. At this point I understand that the likelihood of Apple updating the software for an 8 to 10 year old piece of hardware is minimal, but I would like someone to acknowledge the bug, and possibly pass it to the software developers.

Thank you.

iPod shuffle, Other OS, Windows 10-- bug since win vista

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 6:26 PM

There are no replies.

My iPod incorrectly updates last played in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.