Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with burning slideshow onto CD or DVD

I created a "repeating" slideshow in iPhoto (version 9.4.3), then exported & burned it to a CD. I assumed it would repeat on the CD but it does not. How can I get this slideshow onto a CD or DVD so it will automatically repeat the automatically? The CD or DVD will NOT be played on the Mac computer. I'm not sure what device it will be played on, but am guessing it is a DVD player.

iPhoto '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 11:54 PM

That's a setting on the DVD player and not on the disk. There is no way to burn a disk to do that.

3 replies

Aug 14, 2015 11:57 AM in response to GrandmaJG

If you use an video DVD authoring application like iDVD or Toast to create a video DVD with the exported iPhoto slideshow QT movie file you can set it to repeat and auto play upon inserting if so desired. But you'll need to have one of those apps installed on your Mac.

If you're interested then post back with what video DVD authoring application you have and I'll try to give you a workflow.

User uploaded file

I need help with burning slideshow onto CD or DVD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.