Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Skip When Shuffing feature not fixed on iOS 8.4.1

I am beyond frustrated that the 'skip when shuffling' feature was not addressed when pushing out the iOS update 8.4.1. Not to forget, as well a useable feature to initiate shuffling music was not put in the update. I know, you can use Siri to 'shuffle my music' or just select a song and make sure the shuffle icon is enabled. These two options are not user friendly. With 3600+ songs meticulously arranged to play only the songs I want to hear when shuffling, this issue needs to be fixed. If it is not to be fixed (Apple please let us know if it's not) how can I revert my iOS back to the version previous to 8.4? Outside of voice calling and texting, this is the most important feature I use my iPhone for - listening to music. My music that I've arranged, not internet radio.

Another question... Does anyone know if these discussion boards are officially monitored to address the problems we are having? Or is there another route I can take to complain about these issues?

Shawn

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 7:06 PM

4 replies

Aug 14, 2015 9:57 AM in response to fireman535

Agreed, this basic functionality needs to be fixed.

I DON'T WANT to have to select a song in order to shuffle all songs. The point of shuffle is to be completely random.

Tracks I've marked as "Skip When Shuffling" should NOT play when I'm shuffling my music. You'd think a simple checkbox would do what is says it does.

Not sure if Apple monitors these forums, I know you can submit feedback directly: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Aug 23, 2015 8:03 AM in response to Drumwiz

in addition to the loss of skip when shuffling, it seems that other features using the metadata stored with songs isn't honored either. For instance, if you customize the start/end time of a song (to skip an undesired part during playback, like a long intro or something) it ignores that and plays the entire song.

This really seems like a complete QA miss for Apple. I can't believe this wasn't addressed in 8.4.1

Sep 2, 2015 12:53 PM in response to Drumwiz

I've downloaded the beta version of 9.0 (version 3) for the public, and there are issues that have not been fixed in it. I've reported many things and hopefully they will address some of our concerns before the official iOS 9 is released. They have included a 'shuffle all music' button, but it shuffles ALL songs including the ones marked 'skip when shuffling.' Still frustrated.

Skip When Shuffing feature not fixed on iOS 8.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.