Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes will not remove music from iPhone... nor sync with enough space.

Everything possibly related to syncing music is unchecked (Summary>Options>..., Music>Sync Music>...,) and iTunes will confirm that I want to remove all music from iPhone, but it's still there. Right now, if you believe iTunes, the capacity bar shows "Audio 8.53 GB 331 songs" with Sync Music unchecked, but when I check Sync Music the Audio capacity on the bar slides to the left and disappears (Free 10.28 GB). Selecting On My Device>Music shows nothing either way.

This has been an ongoing/similar issue. Before this it would show more synced music capacity then actual, plus there were songs I could not remove (iCloud downloads, duplicates, U2, etc..). But I managed to correct that after searching/reading about iCloud settings etc,. and was able to manually delete/unsync manually copied/synced music from the iPhone with iTunes along with changing iCloud settings... After that, there was no music on my iPhone so I started fresh and selected a playlist. Everything seemed fine until I tried to sync/remove music. Now it's back to how it was even though no iCloud settings were changed back and all music syncing is unchecked (no playlist, no artist, no genre, no song, nothing manually copied). And even with "Convert higher bit rate songs.. to 256 kbps" checked, nothing changes with the songs that are on the iPhone. Plus when I uncheck it the Audio capacity slides to zero/left and then goes back after syncing, or checking it again afterwards. As far as the music on the iPhone now, I'm not even sure the capacity is accurate (if those songs are converted or full rez). Shouldn't they change? Here's a thought; could the problem be that I deleted the playlist from iTunes after syncing it? I'm reaching here, or rather giving up, actually gave up months ago. With each update I hope the issue would resolve itself but it hasn't been the case.

Specs:

iTunes 12.2.2.25

iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, null

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 6:38 PM

7 replies

Aug 13, 2015 8:12 PM in response to Sapote

Addendum:

Ok, I just tried to manually delete songs by swiping them to the left and it works. Why would I be able to do this? So I'm expected to do this with 300+ songs? Swiping on Artist or Albums doesn't work and there's no "Delete All". Come on.... this is absurd. I can swipe two at a time but only delete one.

Also, there's no More>Playlist of the songs listed even though I originally synced a playlist. And at one point I did say "Yes" to "Do you want iTunes to fill in space with songs...", but stopped it soon after. Not sure these are the songs I can delete. And why am I seeing duplicate songs again. Aggggh! 😠

224 to go... iTunes app keeps closing too.

Aug 18, 2015 1:08 PM in response to Sapote

Update:

Finished manually detailing songs one at a time.

Used + Add To > Devices > iPhone 4 to add a few albums 5 days ago.

Today, I just tried to remove all of those albums under iPhone > On My Device > Music with Select All/Delete (click Yes, I want to delete them all) and then Sync. iTunes deleted them from list and capacity bar but they're still on my iPhone.

Aug 27, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Sapote

Update:

Selected all the the music under On My Device > Music and then deleted. Sync. Capacity bar shows "0" Audio yet 235 songs still remain on phone. Will have to manually delete these again if there is no other way to do it. Tired of this... 😠

But when I select Settings > Music > Sync Music > Selected Artists, Playlist,... it shows 100 songs along with the Audio capacity bar increasing to 3.81 GB 100 songs. Then I scroll down to bottom to see manually added music, select all, remove, then sync. After that the Audio capacity bar increase to show 9.33 GB 246 songs. NO MUSIC IS CHECKED/SELECTED!! And on the phone the same 20 Artist/31 Albums/235 Songs. AAAAAGGGH! 😠😠😠

Aug 27, 2015 5:04 PM in response to Sapote

Manually deleted (swiped) all 235 songs one by one from phone. iTunes app does not show any music, once again. However, iTunes OS X capacity bar still does; Audio 4.8 MB 11 songs. 😕

Looks like the only way to place music on this iPhone 4 is to use Add To > Device > iPhone 4, not Settings > Music > Sync Music > (leave unchecked).

iTunes will not remove music from iPhone... nor sync with enough space.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.