Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a problem with App Store? It takes forever to update or download an app.

I Have been trying to update some apps via app store but it either takes a long time like 30 minutes to complete the update or it just get stuck during downloading. itbhappens on both my iPhone and iPad. Please advise if there is something wrong with App Store or otherRobles.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Aug 13, 2015 9:45 PM

6 replies

Aug 13, 2015 9:54 PM in response to Laok

I have been having problems with slow connections to Apple servers today, not just the app store, so I do think that there is an issue. I also responded to a post from someone who was trying to download the latest iOS and it was going super slow. So yes, I think so. Try again tomorrow.

Aug 13, 2015 10:15 PM in response to Laok

Laok wrote:

Dont think it's a speed issue. I am downloading movies and that is not an issue so suspecting it's an apple issue. Another friend was downloading an app and he never succeeded. He did this at his office where speed is not an issue.

Then there's probably an issue with Apple servers. Indeed, the company released both iOS and OS X updates yesterday (plus the new version of iTunes). The servers must be super-busy trying to handle all that requests. My iPhone doesn't even show the update—I think it just stops checking for updates after not getting a response in a few seconds.

Sep 2, 2015 11:46 AM in response to blazingbananaz

You can go to the System Status page, and there is a link to contact support. https://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

I've updated a couple of times in the last week and have not experienced any delays on both my iPad Mini and my iPhone 5s.

EDIT: I just checked and had an update for both my iPad and iPhone. The app was 25MB and it took less than 20 seconds from the time I tapped update and the time it was done on each device.

Is there a problem with App Store? It takes forever to update or download an app.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.